3340 Pepper Lane
Suite 103
Las Vegas NV 89120

Phone: 702-451-8815
Fax: 702-450-9925

Citizenship Law

Helpful Tips for Citizenship in Las Vegas

It is very important that you know the requirements for naturalization/citizenship and follow the proper steps for a U.S. citizenship application in Las Vegas under immigration law. Missing one step, having a criminal record, failing to pay child support, or certain other offens, can keep you from being granted citizenship in the United States. However, even if you do make a mistake in the process, a knowledgeable citizenship attorney such as Constantinos G. Fountas can help you take advantage of every possible avenue in your case.

Gather the Right Immigration Documents from Your Records

When you meet with your citizenship lawyer in Las Vegas, it''s helpful to bring with you a copy of every single form you have filed with immigration. If you have a criminal record, please try to bring a copy of the final court dispositions.

The citizenship process involves a lot of different applications. It depends on what type of status you are applying for, but there are specific forms and they're available on the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services Web site. So, anything you''ve ever filed in the past would be relevant.

When you file applications with the immigration naturalization service, you get receipts. These can be used to help your citizenship lawyer gather your records.

Always consult an actual immigration attorney before you file any paperwork with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Working with unqualified helpers can cause you to file the wrong applications or accidentally give false information, which can affect your qualifications for citizenship.

If you live in a country outside the U.S. and are seeking citizenship in the country, and if you can get a tourist visa, talk to a Las Vegas citizenship attorney like Constantinos G. Fountas about taking the first steps.

Common Misconceptions about Citizenship and Immigration

If someone comes in legally with inspection on a tourist visa or any type of visa for that matter and has a stamp in their passport (but not Canadians because they are exempt from tha visa requirement), then if they marry a US citizen they can apply to become permanent residents. However, they would still need to apply for citizenship. Just because you are in fact married to a US citizen it does bot change your status automatically.

For people who come to the US without inspection, that is not the case. They would have to go back to their country to apply for make the application pending on how long they have been here illegally, it actually creates a lot of problems where because waivers are required for inlawful presence.

Request a Consultation Now - Initial consultation is free by phone - in person is $100 Se Habla Español